|Attacks||Laser - 10AP|
|First Appearance||Teddygozilla (production)
X.A.N.A. Awakens (chronologically)
Kankrelats, also known as Roachsters, are the smallest and least intelligent of X.A.N.A.'s monsters on Lyoko. With few hit points and mounted on four short legs, it is not very fast, although it has a formidable laser beam that draws the eye to red at the bottom of the monster, just above its legs. The Kankrelats generally move in groups of 5 and only rarely charge headlong into battle. They employ group tactics because of their individual weakness. The greatest danger lies in the fact that the monster is the smallest of all created by X.A.N.A., and is therefore difficult to locate and target. However, a Kankrelat's body is very frail, so much so that even if the Eye of X.A.N.A. symbol on their foreheads is not struck, the monster is destroyed.
Despite their apparent weakness, the Kankrelats are tricky opponents in battle. The Kankrelats are the first monsters in the show to be introduced and remain to be the most frequently encountered by the heroes. This monster is not as difficult to defeat as some others, however, and gets phased out more and more during the course of the show as it becomes less of a threat. However, X.A.N.A. often recycles the Kankrelat and it is used primarily for surgical strikes that surprise the Lyoko Warriors. Yumi and the other warriors pay dearly for their lack of attention in Bad Connection.
- Kankrelats were the very first monsters seen in Code Lyoko, in terms of production.
- Kankrelats are the only monster to be materialised during two different attacks:
- According to the Code Lyoko page on TVTropes, Kankrelats have a similar appearance to that of an "Infection Form" in the Halo series.
- A Kankrelat can kill itself by hitting a barrier at a high speed.
- Kankrelats are revealed to be Yumi's least favorite monster to fight.
- The name Kankrelat comes from the French word for cockroach, "cancrelat". As tradition in Code Lyoko, a lot of monsters with the letter C in their name have them replaced with K, in this case creating Kankrelat.
- In Code Lyoko Evolution, Krankelats appear in a more paler version.
Code Lyoko: Seasons 1-4Edit
| Lyoko: Kankrelats | Hornet | Blok | Krab | Megatank | Creeper | Manta | Black Manta | Guardian | Tarantula | Scyphozoa | Kolossus
Earth:Spectre | Polymorphic Clone
Digital Sea: Kongre | Shark | Kalamar
Video game only: Mite | Exploding Roachsters | Scorpion | Insekt | Dark Monster | Volcanoid | Ubertank | Omegatank | Mountain Bug | Insekt Lord | Ice Spider | Desert Driller | Magma Worm